When you need a custom rubber compound for HVAC applications, Timprene can be the perfect material. Timco Rubber works with companies to custom design and provide Timprene parts made for the harsh environments found in the HVAC industry.
Timprene Rubber: A Custom Material for HVAC and Other Applications
When clients needed a better material solution, Timco Rubber accepted the challenge of pioneering the latest custom compound in the HVAC industry: Timprene 6504. Timprene is an elastomeric compound that is highly resistant to acidic environments and ozone at elevated temperatures. Highly flame resistant, it was formulated specifically to function in the harsh environment of high efficiency, condensing gas furnaces. Now Timco custom designs Timprene parts for businesses in need of premium rubber parts for HVAC and other applications outside the industry.
- Common Name: Timprene
- Temperature Range
- Low Temperature Usage:
- High Temperature Usage: Up to ?
- Tensile Strength
- Tensile Range: 500-2500 P.S.I.
- Elongation: 600% Maximum
- Durometer (Hardness) – 65 +/-5
- Flue condensate from gas powered furnaces
- Oil Resistance: Excellent
- Ozone resistance: Excellent
- Condensate lines
- Furnace manufacturing
Timprene Benefits and Advantages
- High resistance to harsh environments
- Flame resistance
- High ozone resistance
- Long service life (up to 20 years)
- ASTM D573, GFI Flue Gas Condensate
- ASTM D-395 Method B Compression Set
- High Ozone Resistance - No cracks under 4 power magnification
- UL 94 - 5VA Excluding Glow Requirements